Sunday, April 3, 2011

True Journey is Return

Or so says Odo, the founder of the principles on which the planet Anarres is organized in Ursula Le Guin's The Dispossessed.  All I know is that there are three weeks left in the semester and time is flowing like Niagara Falls and I am Sam Patch in a barrel (Upstate NY reference -- will have to seek random [or not , wikipedia] internet link.....here!).  I am currently reading Ursula Le Guin's The Telling, but it is not working for me and I just started the quite dark and grim The Blind Side of the Heart by Julia Franck.  So far so good, not much to say yet.  My class starts reading Octavia Butler's Parable of the Sower this week.  This is hardly even a blog post.....

1 comment:

  1. I want to re-read The Dispossessed straight through--but law school reading has tied me up lately. Are you still having your class read it the way we did? I'll have to make time for this in the summer!

    ReplyDelete